MLB Futures and Predictions for 2019
The World Series is one of the most difficult championships to win in North American sports. All 30 MLB teams need to navigate through a gruelling 162 regular season matches, and only two will reach the World Series, which in itself is up to seven games of the most high-paced and intense baseball you’re likely to see.
It’s no easy feat, as many past World Series winners will tell you, and the World Series schedule itself can be just as daunting. Yet there is always one winner, and you can be a winner too if you’re able to pick a team in the future bets market.
Our tips for picking a winner are as follows:
- Research. Research. Research. Take a look at past World Series winners and look at what made them successful in reaching the end of the postseason.
- Look at more than just the odds – current odds represent the public’s perceived chances of a team winning the World Series, but don’t take into account many of the factors that apply to a World Series winning team.
- Never bet on the favourite in the futures market – the season is long, and odds will fluctuate, so you’ll always get a better deal.
- Pay attention to tipsters with a proven track record, not your buddy from work who claims to know who is going to win.
- Follow CanadianSportsBooks for all the news and updates, plus a summary of the best odds from the top sportsbooks.
So where do you start? Let’s look at the current favourites to win the title in 2019.
Worlds Series 2019 - Contenders
While we spoke about how difficult it is to reach the World Series, it’s not as difficult for us to pick the likely contenders if we break it down by division. Only the top team in each is guaranteed a playoff berth, and you can only make it to the big dance if you make the postseason. Let’s take a look:
American League East
This league is all about the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees. The Blue Jays and Orioles are rebuilding, and we can’t see the Rays topping the division either.
While these two sides faced off in the playoffs last year, having both won 100 games, we need to pick one, and this season we’re going to pick the Yankees to emerge victorious from the East. You’ll get great odds on this, as the Red Sox are the defending World Series champions.
American League Central
Look no further than the Cleveland Indians here. While they have been at the top for a while now, their closest rivals in the division are still a year or so away from reaching the postseason.
American League West
Once again, this isn’t too difficult to pick – you simply can’t go past the Houston Astros, who should top the West again in the American League. The Astros have retained some of their biggest stars, and will be looking to record another World Series appearance.
National League East
This is one of the toughest divisions to pick. The Atlanta Braves won it in 2018, although The New York Mets and Washington Nationals are the teams that could pip them this season. Expect it to be close, but the team from the US capital are our pick.
National League Central
Another close division in 2018, the NL Central should see a two horse race in 2019. While the St. Louis Cardinals were a few games short of the title last season, we expect them to lead the way this season, with the additional of Paul Goldschmidt the key. Expect the Milwaukee Brewers to take a step back, while the Chicago Cubs will push the Cardinals all the way.
National League West
After a dominant 2017, the LA Dodgers came back to the pack in 2018 as the Colorado Rockies impressed. Yet the team from Los Angeles still did enough to reach the World Series, and we think they are still a good chance to make it to yet another.
Worlds Series 2019 - Odds and Picks
As it stands, the Red Sox are the favourites to go back to back in 2019, although as we mentioned earlier – never bet on the favourite in the futures market.
If you think the Red Sox can go back to back (such a difficult accomplishment in modern sport), bide your time and wait for another team to take over in the market.
|Boston Red Sox||+500|
|New York Yankees||+1000|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||+1000|
|St. Louis Cardinals||+1500|
Our Top Betting Tip
Looking at the odds above, you will see that three teams from the American League top the list. Yet only one of these teams can make it to the World Series – the other team will be from the National League. There is much better odds available for the National League teams, so we recommend selecting the Dodgers or the Cardinals for a value bet.
Recent World Series Winners
- 2018 – Boston Red Sox (AL) vs LA Dodgers
- 2017 – Houston Astros (AL) vs LA Dodgers
- 2016 – Chicago Cubs (NL) vs Cleveland Indians
- 2015 – Kansas City Royals (AL) vs New York Mets
- 2014 – San Francisco Giants (NL) vs Kansas City Royals
- 2013 – Boston Red Sox (AL) vs St. Louis Cardinals
World Series 2019 Schedule
- Season Starts: March 20.
- All-Star Game: July 9.
- Regular Season Ends: September 29.
- Playoffs Start: October 1.
- World Series Start: October 22.
- World Series Game 7: October 30.
See below the top sportsbooks where you can wager online and choose the best one for you:
Category : SportsMore articles...